Yet another initiative from BIM is its Centre for Development & Entrepreneurship (BIM-CDE). The centre aims to work towards the following:
1. Develop institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture and requisite skills among students; 2. Provide various services including information on all aspects of enterprise building to budding entrepreneurs.
3. Inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship through student projects
4. Organize Business Plan Competitions;
5. Guide and assist on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, etc.
6. Arrange interaction with entrepreneurs and create a mentorship scheme for student entrepreneurs; apart from promoting entrepreneurship the centre will also strive to develop collaboration with development agencies/institutions, centers for social and economic development, NGOs , etc., for socio-economic development projects. Identify potential opportunities for development projects; among others.