Books / CDs
The library has an impressive collection of more than 16000 books and 650 cds that cover all contemporary management literature. Students also have access to the BHEL Main library and the central library of Bharathidasan University.
Our institution has annual subscriptions to approximately 90 national and international journals. Back volumes of all these journals for atleast 20 years have been maintained for student's reference.
The following online databases are available:
- EBSCO(includes Harvard Business Review)
- CRISIL(Indias premier credit rating agency)
- CAPITALINE +
Reference Books / CDs
Complete encyclopedic volumes on subjects of marketing, finance, operations, systems and HR are available. These books give complete fundamentals and exclusive case studies in each of the subjects. Compiled data on various management research topics are also and important feature of these volumes which are of immense help to the research fraternity. Student project reports for the past ten years are also available for reference.
Text Book Library
The library also maintains multiple copies of standard and prescribed textbooks for the management course.
The library has other requisite study enablers like:
- PCs with high speed internet connectivity for access to the prescribed online databases.
- Online database of resources in the library. Scanners / Photocopiers.
- Dictionaries and other reference material.
- Professional ambience.
Mrs. S. Geetha, M.A., M.L.I.S
Section Officer, Library
Mr. P. Kanagasundaram
Section Officer, Library
Computer Centre functioning 24X7 provide the students with a comprehensive collection of management related software’s and business specific databases. The Computer centre is connected to the Internet by an exclusive 50 mbps leased line and equipped with the following:
Server Name and Configuration:
IBM Blade Center HS22 with 4 Blade servers
HS22, Xeon 4C E5640 80W 2.66GHz/1066MHz/12MB, 3x2GB, O/Bay 2.5in SAS
Intel Xeon 4C Processor Model E5640 80W 2.66GHz/1066MHz/12MB
18GB (1x4GB, 2Rx4, 1.5V) PC3-10600 CL9 ECC DDR3 1333MHz VLP RDIMM
Internal Storage 3 TB
IBM 300 GB 2.5in SFF Slim-HS 10K 6Gbps SAS HDD
2/4 1GB Port Ethernet Expansion Card (CFFh) For IBM Blade Center
SAS Connectivity Card (CIOv) for IBM Blade Center
- 30 Lenovo Intel Core 2 Duo Processor @ 2.53 GHz 1 GB DDR2 250 GB SATA HDD.
- 4 Lenovo Intel Dual Core Processor @ 2.93GHz 320 GB SATA HDD @ 7200 rpm.
- 25 HCL Intel Core 2 Quad 2.5 GHz 4GB DDR3 RAM 500GB HDD.
- 34 HCL Intel Core i5 3.1GHz 4GB DDR3 RAM 500GB HDD
- 4 Dell Studio Laptops Intel core i3 4 GB RAM 320 GB HDD
- 5 HP Pavilion dv5-1104TU Portable Intel Core 2 duo 3GB RAM
- 3 Dell Vostro 2520 Intel Core i5 4GB RAM 500GB HDD
- 1 DELL XPS L502X 15 LAPTOP
- 1 HP Pavilion dv4-1318TU
- HP Pavilion 1x 1000
- 2 HP Compaq nx6310
- Windows Server 2012 Standard, Enterprise
- Windows Server2008 standard ,Enterprise, Enterprise, R2, Data Center
- Windows Server2003 Standard Enterprise, Enterprise R2
- Windows Cluster Server
- Windows HPC Server 2008, R2
- Windows Webserver 2008, R2
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise Edition
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise N
- Windows 8 Enterprise
- Windows 8 Enterprise N
- Windows 8 Professional and Professional N
- Windows 7 Enterprise
- Windows 7 Enterprise N
- Windows 7 Professional and Professional N
- Windows XP Professional SP3
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Red Hat Linux v5, v6.
- Fedora, Ubuntu
- Color LaserJet Printer-1No
- LaserJet Printers - 13No’s.
- HP MFP-1 No
- Canon Pixma (Color)-1No
Visual Studio 2005,Visual Studio Professional 2008 Visual Studio Professional 2010, Visual Studio Professional 2013 MS-Project 2003 Professional, MS-Project 2010 Professional,MS-Project 2013 ProfessionalMS-VISIO-Professional 2003, MS-One note 2003, Microsoft Data Analyzer, Microsoft Office InfoPath 2003VB6.0, JAVA, Oracle Developer.
Oracle 9i, Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2012Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008, Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 Web,SQL Server 2008 R2 Web,Microsoft SQL Server Workgroup Edition 2008 ,Microsoft SQL Server Workgroup Edition 2008 R2, SQL Server 2005.
- System Software
Red Hat Linux Enterprise Edition, Fedora, Ubuntu Servers and Desktops, Red Hat Linux 4, Red Hat Linux 5,Red Hat Linux 6,Windows Server 2012,2008,2003 Windows Workstation, Windows XP Professional SP3, Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Endpoint Protection, Microsoft E-Learning-Win Systems: Win 8, Win7, Vista, XP (SCORM 1.2 packages),Microsoft E-Learning-Applications: Office 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 windows thin Pc
- OR Packages
SPSS v.18, SPSS v.16 SPSS11.5, TORA, LINDO AMPL, Crystal Reports, Crystal Ball
- Web Designer
MS Front Page, Dream Weaver, Adobe Photoshop 7, Adobe Illustrator 9, Macromedia Flash, Shock Wave, Adobe PageMaker 7, Adobe Go live 5, Adobe Live Motion
EBSCO, IBID, CRISIL, INDIASTAT, CMIE (PROWESS, INDUSTRY ANALYSIS SERVICE, BUSINESS BEACON)
Microsoft Campus Agreement(Open Value Subscription)
BIM has recently registered for the Microsoft Campus Agreement(Open Value Subscription).
This programme provides a complete, inexpensive solution to keep academic labs, faculty and students of BIM on the leading edge of technology.
The numerous benefits that will be derived as part of this membership include:-
- Access to the latest set of Microsoft platforms, servers, and developer tools.
- License to install the software on any number of lab machines for instructional and research purposes.
- Four technical support incidents in addition to access to the managed newsgroups.
- Private newsgroups where faculty can ask technical and administrative questions, collaborate with each other, and talk with the MSDNAA team.
- Comprehensive Web site that provides resources for faculty, including:
- Programme information and news.
- Projects, tutorials, academically focused articles, and curriculum.
- Transparent Language Complete Edition is used by students to learn new languages. The language which is included in our package is French, German, and Spanish. The features includes
- Transparent Language Premium Edition – A 15-lesson, interactive, immersion style course
- Byki Deluxe 4 – Research-based vocabulary building system with over 2000 words and phrases, flash cards, pronunciation practice, learning games, and other engaging activities.
D.K. Charles Peter Premsingh M.B.A.,
S. Devanesan M.Sc.,
All classrooms are fully air conditioned and equipped with audio visual aids like LCD projector, Direct Overhead Projector, Television and a Computer with multi media facilities and Internet facility. The Institute also has access to a large centrally air-conditioned auditorium with a capacity to house more than 1500 people.
The course is fully residential with separate hostels for men and women. Both the hostels are located within the BHEL complex in the vicinity of the Institute. The hostels (Type-3 quarters having one hall and two rooms with 24 hours internet connectivity) have fully furnished rooms on double occupancy basis. A mess attached to the hostel provides quality vegetarian and non-vegetarian food.
The Hostel has:
- Flood-light Volley ball and badminton courts
- Playground for students
- Recreation room with TV and Video facilities
- Table tennis facility
- Provision for indoor games like carom and chess
Talks are on for the following developments as well:
- Common washing machines for students to be able to wash clothes.
- Benches for gardens.
- Yoga classes for students.
- Tree plantation drive.
- Environment week.
The Ladies Hostel also has sports and video facilities separately for ladies. The welfare activities in the hostels are managed solely by the Welfare Com; Mess Com. is in charge of running the mess and Sys Com. ensures that students get the advantage of uninterrupted internet access at all hours of the day and night. Each of these committees is a student run body which is individually and collectively responsible for the efficient functioning of the hostel infrastructure.